Time: 22 mins
Prep: 10 mins, Cook: 12 mins
Yield: 2 Dozen Cookies (12 servings)
Mexican wedding cookies are like Russian tea cakes and Italian wedding cookies. They are all margarine cookies which are done with a powdered sugar covering.
These little dissolve in-your-mouth spread and vanilla cookies are fast and simple to blend and prepare.
They are made without eggs. The batter is like a shortbread, however the cookies are molded into balls before preparing. See the varieties underneath the recipe for a lemon adaptation, one with cinnamon, and a chocolate filled form.
Give the cookies a chance to cool a bit before you move them in the powdered sugar a moment time.
What You’ll Need
1/2 container sugar (powdered, in addition to 1/2-1 glass filtered powdered sugar for rolling the completed cookies)
2 sticks/8 ounces spread (relaxed)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 mugs/9 ounces flour (universally handy)
1 teaspoon vanilla concentrate
1 glass walnuts (finely cleaved, or pecans)
How to Make It
- Warmth the broiler to 400 F.
- In a blending dish with an electric blender, beat 1/2 glass powdered sugar and margarine until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Include the salt, flour, and vanilla, blending until the point that all around mixed. Crease in the cleaved nuts.
- With floured hands, shape the batter into little balls. Mastermind them on ungreased preparing sheets and heat in the preheated stove for 10 to 15 minutes.
- At the point when the cookies are still somewhat warm, move them in filtered powdered sugar to coat completely.
- Give the cookies a chance to cool completely and move them in powdered sugar once more.
- Note: If solidifying the cookies, move them in powdered sugar while warm, cool totally, and stop on a heating sheet. At the point when solidified strong, exchange the cookies to sacks; mark and date. Defrost at room temperature and after that come in powdered sugar a moment time.
- Chocolate Filled: Shape each bundle of treat batter around a semisweet chocolate lump.
- Cinnamon: Blend 1 teaspoon of cinnamon into the flour before you add it to the spread blend.
- Lemon: Add 2 teaspoons of finely ground lemon get-up-and-go to the margarine blend and discard the vanilla.
- In the event that you incline toward, these cookies may likewise be straightened marginally utilizing the base of a glass, the tines of a fork, or a spatula.
- Store the cookies in a firmly secured compartment at room temperature or stop them for up to 3 months.
- This batter can be wrapped and solidified in a plate to shape and prepare later. Or, on the other hand shape the batter into balls, solidify on a preparing sheet in a solitary layer, at that point exchange to cooler sacks for longer stockpiling. Defrost and prepare as coordinated.