The Secret is Using the 4-3-2 Technique and a Cast Iron Skillet
The topic of how to cook a ribeye steak helps me to remember the old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall:
Q: How would you cook a ribeye steak?
A: Medium uncommon, medium uncommon, medium uncommon.
Less demanding said than done, correct? All things considered, it truly is that basic, and I will let you know precisely how to do it.
My most loved strategy for cooking a boneless ribeye steak is on a solid metal skillet utilizing the 4-3-2 technique:
- Singe it on a dry skillet for 4 minutes.
- Flip it and singe the opposite side for 3 minutes.
- Give it a chance to rest for 2 minutes.
Note that this procedure is best for when you’re cooking one or at most two ribeyes. Also, you can truly just do two on the off chance that you have an additional wide skillet.
On the off chance that you have to accomplish more than two, you’ll have to cook them on the barbecue. Or, on the other hand possibly you have different solid metal skillets, in which case extraordinary.
The Goal: A VERY Hot Pan
What you’re endeavoring to do is abstain from congestion the dish, since it should be totally smoking hot. Dropping too numerous steaks into a hot dish will in a split second chill it, making your steaks kind of steam as opposed to singe.
I suggest cast press particularly on the grounds that it gets exceptionally hot and it holds its temperature for quite a while.
Incidentally, the reason this method works best with a boneless ribeye is that you need to get a pleasant tight seal between the meat and the container. In some cases the bone can act as a burden.
At last, the 4-3-2 method expect that your ribeye steak is an inch to 1/4 inches thick. In the event that it’s thicker, you’ll have to cook it longer. Also, under no possible situation ought to a ribeye steak be more slender than an inch.
How about we separate the method in more detail:
- Give the steak a chance to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. Season it on the two sides with Kosher salt and naturally ground dark pepper. Press the salt and pepper solidly into the steak.
- Warmth a void, dry, cast-press skillet over high warmth until it’s smoking hot. Utilize your most sultry burner and simply let it warm up for whatever length of time that fundamental, regardless of the possibility that it’s 15 minutes.
- Place the steak in the container, squeezing it immovably against the surface of the dish. At that point don’t move it or touch it for 4 minutes.
- Flip it over with a couple of tongs and cook it an additional 3 minutes on the opposite side, again without touching it.
- Expel it from the skillet, exchange to a warm plate, cover it freely with a bit of thwart and let it rest for 2 minutes. At that point serve and appreciate.
NOTE #1: It will get extremely smoky in your kitchen. So turn on your vent fan and open windows, secondary passages, sky facing windows et cetera, as fundamental. Similarly, in the event that you have an entryway between your kitchen and whatever remains of your home, you might need to keep it shut.
NOTE #2: If you’re doing this in the winter, and you’ve opened your indirect access to let the smoke out, you might need to rest the steaks in a hotter room.