Time: 70 mins
Prep: 25 mins, Cook: 45 mins
Yield: 4 Servings
Fried chicken is most likely the principal dish one considers when made a request to name Southern dishes. It positions straight up there with cornbread, greens, and corn meal.
This is an essential Southern fried chicken formula, and it is simple and flavorful. Serve this firm fried chicken with pureed potatoes and coleslaw, alongside steamed broccoli or another most loved side dish. Utilize bone-in chicken pieces in this formula. For boneless chicken bosoms or cutlets, investigate this formula.
What You’ll Need
4 pounds chicken pieces
1/2 mugs drain
2 expansive eggs
2 1/2 glasses universally handy flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
3 containers vegetable oil
How to Make It
- Preheat the broiler to 200 F and place a rack in an extensive heating dish.
- Join drain and eggs in a bowl; rush to mix well.
- In an expansive substantial obligation resealable plastic nourishment stockpiling sack, join the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Plunge a chicken piece in the drain blend; let overabundance dribble off into the bowl. Put a couple of chicken pieces in the sustenance stockpiling sack and shake softly to coat completely. Evacuate to a plate and rehash with staying chicken pieces.
- Warmth oil in a profound, substantial skillet to 350 F.
- Broil the chicken, a couple of pieces at any given moment, for around 10 minutes on each side, or until the point that brilliant dark colored and altogether cooked.
- Chicken bosoms will take somewhat less time than different pieces.
- Pierce with a fork to check whether juices run clear to check for doneness, or utilize a moment read thermometer. The base safe temperature for chicken is 165 F (74 C).
- With an opened spoon, move to paper towels to deplete; sprinkle with salt.
- Exchange the depleted chicken to the readied skillet with rack. Move the chicken to the stove to keep warm while broiling resulting clusters.
Tips and Variations
How to Reheat Fried Chicken
Remove the chicken from the fridge and convey it to room temperature. Warmth the broiler to 400 F. Place a rack on a heating sheet. Put the chicken pieces on the rack and prepare for around 15 to 20 minutes.