Time: 25 mins
Prep: 15 mins, Cook: 10 mins
Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This Monte Cristo sandwich is a classic French toast-style sandwich. The filling is a blend of cut ham, turkey or chicken, and cheddar, alongside mustard or mayonnaise. The collected sandwich is battered in an egg blend and afterward it’s carmelized on the two sides.
You can utilize cut, bubbled or heated store ham and turkey or extra cut ham in the sandwich. I like these sandwiches with Havarti cheddar.
What You’ll Need
18 cuts bread
Spread for the container
6 cuts ham
6 cuts turkey or chicken
12 cuts Swiss or Gruyere cheddar
Mustard and mayonnaise, if wanted
3 extensive eggs
1/3 container drain
1/8 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- For each sandwich utilize 3 cuts of bread. Margarine one side of bread in the first place, at that point cover with a cut of ham and a cut of turkey or chicken.
- Margarine the two sides of the second cut of bread and spread with a little mustard or other dressing, if wanted. Place the bread cut over turkey or ham cut and best with 2 thin cuts of cheddar.
- Margarine the third cut for top; squeeze sandwich daintily and trim outside layers.
- Cut each sandwich into equal parts corner to corner and secure with toothpicks.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with drain and salt.
- Warmth a skillet or frying pan over medium warmth. Add spread to coat the container.
- Deliberately dunk the sandwich parts into the egg blend.
- Dark colored the sandwiches on all sides, adding more spread to the container when important. Evacuate toothpicks before serving.